The National First Responders Organization (NFRO), the owner of this Website, respects the privacy of users on the Internet and has developed this privacy statement to protect user privacy on its Website. The purpose of this statement is to explain the types of information NFRO obtains about users of this Website, how the information is obtained, how it is used, how it may be disclosed to others, and how users can restrict its use or disclosure. Personally Identifiable Information: The only personally identifiable information NFRO obtains about individual users through our Website is information supplied voluntarily by the user. Users interacting with our site may provide NFRO with their name, address, telephone number, email address, domain name or URL or other personally identifiable information that NFRO may use for its own business purposes. NFRO may share such information with its partners and agents for purposes related to NFRO products and services, including for the purpose of contacting users about products and services that may be of interest to them. Of course, users may visit our Website without telling us who they are or revealing any personally identifiable information about themselves.
Using the Information:
"Personally identifiable information" is information about you such as name, postal address, email address, company name, credit card number, birth date, social security number, etc. Generally, we may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
1. To communicate with you about your account or the Site.
2. To pre-populate online forms for your convenience.
3. To personalize various aspects of the Site.
4. To build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by measuring demographics and interests.
5. To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
6. To support the operation of the Site (i.e., billing, account maintenance) and troubleshoot.
7. To send you newsletters, promotional messages, product announcements or other communications that we feel may be of interest to you, although you may opt out of receiving these communications (see "Opting Out" below).
8. In other ways that you either expressly consent to or instruct us to undertake.
Disclosing the Information:
We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties without asking for explicit consent from you as follows:
1. We will perform research on our end users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information we collect, for example during registration, from our server log files and from user surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may share this aggregated data with current or potential advertisers, business partners, investors and other third parties interested in our business.
2. NFRO does not sell any of your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. However, if you have not opted out of receiving postal mail from NFRO or third parties, NFRO may rent your name postal address and phone numbers to third parties, which the third parties may use one time only to mail you information. These third parties will have no continuing right to use your name or postal address. We do not sell or rent your email addresses to third parties. All emails you receive are deployed directly by NFRO on behalf of third parties.
3. We share web site usage information about visitors to the Site who have received a targeted email promotional campaign from us with a third-party advertising company - for the sole purpose of targeting future email campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
4. To allow third parties to provide Site features and services. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
5. To our contractors, consultants and professional advisors so they can provide a service to us. For example, from time to time we may use third parties to help us collect information about our users. In those cases, we will prohibit the third parties from using the information they collect for any purpose other than providing the service to us.
6. As we believe necessary to comply with the law and protect the rights, property or safety of others.
7. If you engage in illegal activity and we respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
8. In connection with the sale or transfer of NFRO or substantially all of its assets, we will share your data with the acquiring party or transferee.
9. Due to circumstances beyond our control.
As part of the registration process, you will supply us with your postal address, phone number, and email address, and you will be registered to receive periodic communications from NFRO or from other reputable companies affiliated with NFRO. If you do not wish to receive such communications from NFRO or from the reputable companies affiliated with NFRO, you can:
1. Opt out of receiving future emailed messages by following the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of any emailed message you receive from NFRO.
Please allow 30 days for your opt-out election to take effect. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving the types of communications described above, we may still from time to time communicate with you about your account or operation of the Site; these communications will not be promotional in nature. For example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. You cannot opt-out of receiving these communications.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
NFRO does collect and use some non-personally identifiable, generic information about our users as a means of measuring the effectiveness of our Website. NFRO servers identify certain user information in the normal course of operation, but such information does not reveal a user's personal identity. We collect this information only in the aggregate and use it to evaluate and improve our Website and to provide targeted information that may be of interest to users of our Website. The following are examples of non-personally identifiable generic information.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user's computer whenever that user is using the World Wide Web. Website servers can automatically identify individual computers by their IP address. NFRO collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information. NFRO does not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
Settings, technical and other information from your computer, such as your operating system, browser version, connectivity, various communication parameters and other information related to the operation and interaction of NFRO Websites may be collected by NFRO. Except as otherwise provided in this statement, NFRO will use such information solely in order to provide technically appropriate formatting of information provided by NFRO and access to NFRO Websites. The collection of this information will not include any personally identifiable information about you or any individual user.
Information Provided by Children:
NFRO's Websites are not targeted at children and do not collect or use any personally identifiable data from children.
Disclosure Pursuant to Legal Process:
NFRO shall, pursuant to applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to all available and relevant information in order to comply with such process and protect NFRO's rights and property. NFRO may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
NFRO is committed to protecting user privacy on all NFRO Websites and expects the same from our partners, co-sponsors, and suppliers. NFRO, however, is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of non-NFRO Websites, including Websites reached through a link on a NFRO Website. Other Websites may have different privacy policies, or no policy. Users should review the privacy policies of any Website before providing personal information.
Should NFRO modify its practices regarding the collection or use of information obtained from users in the future, this privacy statement will be amended to reflect such modifications.